9.11 can't validate sss.gov

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Mon Jan 22 16:21:49 UTC 2018

Unrelated to the DNS bit, but still silly / annoying:

http://www.sss.gov works OK, but http://sss.gov always seems to return
"The requested service is temporarily unavailable. It is either
overloaded or under maintenance. Please try later.".

There is a fair bit os disagreement over if a bare domain should
resolve / have a web-server listening, but ISTM that if you *do*, you
should have it work -- I wonder how many people have tried the bare
domain and never realized that adding in the 'www' "fixes" it.