What if the link is failed between master/slave

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Jun 29 17:13:09 UTC 2018

>> > From: "Blason R" <blason16 at gmail.com>
>> > I have bind Master server with me and slave is at other remote
>> > location. My query is since I have opted for PUSH update from master
>> > to slave over random port.
>> >
>> > What if the link at slave is down and NOTFY message is not reached?
>> > When will slave then pull the update?

>On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 10:30 PM <wbrown at e1b.org> wrote:
>> Yes, according to the refresh interval in the SOA record.  The pertinent
>> values are REFRESH, RETRY and EXPIRE.  See section 3.3.13 of RFC1035
>> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1035#page-19

William, btw, people put the signature at the bottom of sent mail, not at the
top. It would be better if you did it too.

On 29.06.18 22:35, Blason R wrote:
>OK - Got it so is there any settings available at master by which it will
>keep on probing slave and as soon it is contacted NOTIFY Message is sent.

if you are asking, please use question marks.

There's no functionality in BIND that would keep sending notices to slaves
when they are down.
It's slaves' job to be up to date.

Microsoft dick is soft to do no harm