Openssl issue

Stewart, Larry C Sr CTR DISA JT (USA) larry.c.stewart.ctr at mail.mil
Thu Nov 8 18:12:26 UTC 2018

I am running Solaris 10 and I downloaded bind 9.12.3 today and compiled it using the enable threads option, the prefix=/ option and the --without-gost option just as I have in the past when compiling 9.10. The compilation seems to go well but when I run named with -t /nithr -u nithr named fails to start and I get daemon.crit openssl_link.c:296: fatal error:and Openssl pseudorandom number generator cannot be initialized (see the 'PRNG not seeded message in the Openssl FAQ). Then exiting (due to fatal error in library).

My chrooted directory does contain /dev/random

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to overcome this issue?

Larry Stewart, CISSP
Contractor - Jacobs Technology
Network Engineer
Office: 520-538-4227