Openssl issue

Howard, Christopher Christopher-Howard at utc.edu
Thu Nov 8 20:25:34 UTC 2018

I had that exact same issue. I had to drop down to 9.11 to get it to work.

-Christopher

On Thu, 2018-11-08 at 18:12 +0000, Stewart, Larry C Sr CTR DISA JT (USA) wrote:

I am running Solaris 10 and I downloaded bind 9.12.3 today and compiled it using the enable threads option, the prefix=/ option and the --without-gost option just as I have in the past when compiling 9.10. The compilation seems to go well but when I run named with -t /nithr -u nithr named fails to start and I get daemon.crit openssl_link.c:296: fatal error:and Openssl pseudorandom number generator cannot be initialized (see the 'PRNG not seeded message in the Openssl FAQ). Then exiting (due to fatal error in library).

My chrooted directory does contain /dev/random

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to overcome this issue?

Larry Stewart, CISSP

Contractor - Jacobs Technology

Network Engineer

Office: 520-538-4227