[BIND] RE: KSK Rollover

Browne, Stuart Stuart.Browne at team.neustar
Fri Sep 7 03:10:58 UTC 2018

The kicker was probably this line:

Sep  6 15:44:40 ns3 audit: <audit-1400> { write } for  pid=15447 comm="named" name="named.secroots" dev="dm-0" ino=135707451 scontext=system_u:system_r:named_t:s0 tcontext=unconfined_u:object_r:etc_t:s0 tclass=file permissive=0

The SELinux context that BIND runs in on a red hat system doesn't have access to write to a file of etc_t. After moving the file to /var/named somewhere, a restorecon should have reset it to something like var_named_t or var_named_cache_t which it would have had access to write to.

>From the line, 'permissive=0' so it suggests a SELinux-enforcing environment.
Stuart