load balancing

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Tue Sep 18 20:21:35 UTC 2018

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 4:01 PM SIMON BABY <simonkbaby at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are we support load balancing with latest DNSSEC ? I have a DNSSEC
> application with unbound library. Do i have to add any extra configuration
> to support Load Balancing?

Your question is sufficiently light on detail that it cannot be
realistically answered.

What sort of load balancing?
1: Traditional SLB - you hand out one IP address, and have a load balancer
widget which shares this to multiple backends?
2: Global SLB - you hand out different IP addresses to different clients?
3: Round Robin - you hand out different IP addresses, but randomly / in a
order, not tied to specific clients?
4: Anycast - you hand out the same IP address, but this lives on multiple
sites, and routing takes care of getting people to the closest site?
5: Multiple nameservers? Something else?

The term "load balance" is very vague / can be applied to multiple things -
for all of the above except  #2, this should just work without any changes.
GSLB *may* require more work, but may not. # 5 is sufficiently undefined
that it cannot really be answered :-)

What *exactly* is the question / scenario you are asking?

> Rgds
> Simon

I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea in
the first place.
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair of
pants.
   ---maf