Classless Reverse Zones PTR Dig Format Issue

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu Feb 7 13:19:22 UTC 2019

On 07.02.19 12:53, Nagesh Thati wrote:
>I have created a network with *199.192.0.0/11 <http://199.192.0.0/11>* and
>created 4 subnets with */13* mask in that network,
>Network: *199.192.0.0/11 <http://199.192.0.0/11> : 192.199.in-addr.arpa*,
>Subnet1: *199.192.0.0/13 <http://199.192.0.0/13> :
>0-13.192.199.in-addr.arpa*,
>Subnet2: *199.200.0.0/13 <http://199.200.0.0/13> :
>0-13.200.199.in-addr.arpa*,
>Subnet3: *199.208.0.0/13 <http://199.208.0.0/13> :
>0-13.208.199.in-addr.arpa*,
>Subnet4: *199.216.0.0/13 <http://199.216.0.0/13> :
>0-13.216.199.in-addr.arpa*.

holy shit, gmail formats IP addresses as URLS and messes it up even more and
more.  Try avoiding gmail web interface whenever possible.

>I fallowed the *RFC 2317 to create CNAME and NS records* in parent zone
>which is 192.199.in-addr.arpa

It's useless to create classless delegations in this case.
Classless delegation is useful only for delegations less than /24

simply delegate 192.199.in-addr.arpa to 199.199.in-addr.arpa etc.

Remember half the people you know are below average.