A policy for removing named.conf options.

Browne, Stuart Stuart.Browne at team.neustar
Thu Jun 13 23:48:03 UTC 2019

For options that have passed their warning phase and have been removed, I'm all for BIND failing to start and named-checkconf erroring out , rather than quietly ignoring them.

Usless cruft is useless. You're going to the trouble of doing a major-version-upgrade, take the time to tune the config to suit it.

If you're using automation tools, hopefully you've run it through at least one test system before hitting production, yes?

Stuart