allow-update in global options (was Re: bind and certbot with dns-challenge)

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Sun Mar 17 23:48:26 UTC 2019

On 17 Mar 2019, at 15:52, Grant Taylor via bind-users <bind-users at lists.isc.org> wrote:
> If the consensus is that the new behavior is desired, I would hope ~> expect for a survey of the BIND user community like I've seen in the past about removing / significantly altering functionality.

I disagree. I'd prefer the best decision be made by consensus of the contributors rather than the community at large. The community includes a lot of people with a barely functioning understanding of DNS and no basis in knowledge for making a qualified decision as to if this is a good thing or not.

I know this, because this describes me (and everyone I've met in person who has to deal with DNS) pretty accurately.

--
"I program Windows - of course it isn't safe." - Meski