allow-update in global options (was Re: bind and certbot with dns-challenge)

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Mon Mar 18 00:04:48 UTC 2019

On 3/17/19 5:48 PM, @lbutlr wrote:
> I disagree. I'd prefer the best decision be made by consensus of the
> contributors rather than the community at large.

I agree that the decision should be made by the contributors / maintainers.

I'm saying that I think they should have data / information / opinions
from the community while making their independent decision.

There is no guarantee that the decision will, or even should, match what
the community thinks.

> The community includes a lot of people with a barely functioning
> understanding of DNS and no basis in knowledge for making a qualified
> decision as to if this is a good thing or not.

Fair.

But they can still provide opinions / information / data that the
contributors can use when they make their decision.

> I know this, because this describes me (and everyone I've met in person
> who has to deal with DNS) pretty accurately.

I suspect you should give yourself more credit.  You know that you don't
know everything.  I have dealt with too many people that don't even know
that.  So you've got a leg up on them.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die