BIND Masters and slaves

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 19:17:19 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 10:38 AM Tony Finch <dot at dotat.at> wrote:

> Vinícius Ferrão via bind-users <bind-users at lists.isc.org> wrote:
> >
> > But the prevalence of terms are still master and slave. And I really
> > hope this thing of changing nomenclatures doesn’t go any further due to
> > political correctness.
>
> "Political correctness" just means being considerate for other people,
> especially people who do not have many of the advantages we might take for
> granted.

Being considerate to others should not be associated with politics,
something the term "political correctness" is.

There is a term in Africa for those who use "especially people who do
not have many of the advantages we might take for granted" in their
sentences; it is not a particularly positive term.