Add DNS records automatically for static IP's

tale d.lawrence at salesforce.com
Thu Aug 5 16:41:21 UTC 2021

On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 12:19 PM Roberto Carna <robertocarna36 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have several hosts with static IP's / hostnames and I want to
> register them to our private BIND DNS, and they should be updated if
> the IP or hostname changes.
>
> Is there any way to do what I need ? Any Linux/Windows client to
> install in the servers in order to register IP and hostname to aour
> provate BIND ???

What you're looking for is DHCP configuration.   For example, with
ISC's DHCP server implementation you would use the "host"
statements to match clients and either assign them to a particular
static name via "fixed-address", or use "ddns-hostname" to update
DNS for the hostname with the dynamic address of the assignment.
--
tale