non-improving referral

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Mon Jul 5 20:40:12 UTC 2021

I've been getting a few errors along these lines (bind 9.16.18), the IPs changes, but I don't know what "non0improving referral" means or if I should be concerned.

DNS format error from 64.70.78.82#53 resolving ok.contact/NS for 127.0.0.1#16749: non-improving referra

This IP is  owned bv CenturyLink, which was the company providing our Internet service (they have recently become something called "Lumen", but the IP blocks respond as savvin.net).

Other IPs have appeared, but I did not note them as the logs rolled as I was distracted by other issues at the time.

My concern is that they may point to a configuration issue on my end, though dnsviz is happy.

--
Bart, don't use the Touch of Death on your sister.