No more support for windows

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Wed Jun 9 20:48:55 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jun 09, 2021 at 07:14:02PM +0200, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
> Certainly you tried Cygwin and WSL[*].  What's wrong with them?
> (Isn't Windows a kind of Unix any more? ;-)

My understanding is BIND will still run fine under WSL; it's only the
native Visual Studio builds that we're removing. For people who want to
run named on windows, WSL seems like the best way to go.

Personally, I'd like to see dig, delv, nsupdate, and the other tools remain
available as native windows binaries. Sometime before 9.16 reaches end of
life, I'll try to get them to build under MinGW. (I'd be happy to get help
with that project from anyone who knows windows better than I do - it
wouldn't take much.)

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.