replication time for dynamic records from primary to secondary servers

Stuart at registry.godaddy Stuart at registry.godaddy
Tue Mar 30 22:53:26 UTC 2021

On 31/3/21, 8:00 am, "bind-users on behalf of John Thurston" <bind-users-bounces at lists.isc.org on behalf of john.thurston at alaska.gov> wrote:

    On 3/30/2021 12:30 PM, Cuttler, Brian R (HEALTH) via bind-users wrote:
    > We are seeing a delay in the primary DNS server updating the secondary and would like to shorten that interval.

    Can you post the pertinent bits of your primary's and secondary's config
    for the zone?

    In the absence of that, I pose a few questions:

    How long is it taking now?
    What is your target interval?

    Do you have NOTIFY enabled on the primary?
    How large is the zone?
    If you look in the log, do you see XFRs queuing?
    How many secondaries are there?
    Do you have limits defined on the number of simultaneous transfers?

Additional question, do you have "notify-delay" defined?

Stuart