host your subdomain on your own ?

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 12 16:48:23 UTC 2021

Hi guys.

I'm looking to setup my subdomin in-house and I'm hoping for
some wise advises from experts, it's my first foray into
this thus go easy on me please.

zone.top - is hosted by a public registrar
priv.zone.top - I want to delegate to my own bind
I'd hope for some generic recipe and pointer to docs, thanks.

Now what I think might be the tricky part though I get that
an expert might say - trivial.
I am thinking of 'views' or split-horizon or whatever other
nomenclature applies, though I hear that that/those are
discouraged by experts?
Or! might that above be unnecessary(?) if, it's possible and
allowed that such public, mine bind will resolve to IPs
which are 'private' - all that so my 'priv.zone.top' will
resolve to whole www but resources of the zone/domain will
be available, as they are, only in/via private networks.

Does that make sense?
many thanks for all the help. L