GUI tool to help replacing zone file editing by ddns

Axel Rau Axel.Rau at Chaos1.DE
Thu Sep 9 15:13:29 UTC 2021

Hi all,

once, I received the advice (from Tony?) to move to ddns.
At that time I had trouble with zones no longer being updated
from reloaded zone files.
(Reloading zone files with inline-signing and autodnssec-maintain
could interfere with key-signing activities of the server.)

To help admins of small zones to move to ddns. I have completed,
a GUI tool for editing zone files.
From the README of zad:
	In times of DNSsec, edited zone files interfere with resigning activities of the nameserver. To avoid inconsistency, zones can be maintained by dynamic update (RFC 2136). zad provides a GUI for dynamic updates and zone visualisation to make address and host name editing easy and even easier than file editing.

https://zad.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html

Axel
---
PGP-Key: CDE74120  ☀  computing @ chaos claudius