Reloading new certs for DNS over HTTPS

Eric Germann ekgermann at semperen.com
Thu Sep 9 15:26:28 UTC 2021

I’ve implemented DNS over HTTPS on two of my servers to get some experience.  I’m using LetsEncrypt for the cert issuer.

I ran in to an issue where it appears named only reads them on init.  The cert expired and certbot faithfully renewed it, but was using the old cert it read at initialization.

My question is if a “rndc reconfig” will read the new cert when it reloads the config or do I have to stop and start named to get it to pick it up?

Thanks

---
Eric Germann
ekgermann {at} semperen {dot} com || ekgermann {at} gmail {dot} com
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ericgermann
Twitter: @ekgermann
Telegram || Signal || Phone +1 {dash} 419 {dash} 513 {dash} 0712

GPG Fingerprint: 89ED 36B3 515A 211B 6390  60A9 E30D 9B9B 3EBF F1A1