Ultrix support for bind 8.2.1

Simon Burge simonb at thistledown.com.au
Wed Aug 4 22:20:06 UTC 1999

Paul A Vixie wrote:

> supporting ultrix is really really hard at this point.

In case it wasn't obvious, I do have a compiled and somewhat limited
tested bind821 named running under Ultrix.

What I meant to ask is "is it worth folding these changes back into the
distribution, and what's the best way of including the ugly namespace
hacks?".  For the namespace hacks, they are only needed for named and
it would seem to a Bad Thing to have a chuck of code "#ifdef ULTRIX"
somewhere in src/bin/named/*.c ...

Also, is there a test suite available that can be used in an intranet
environment?

Simon.