BIND 8.2.2 T1A
Paul A Vixie
vixie at mibh.net
Mon Aug 9 02:32:11 UTC 1999
running on my workstation. needs a lot of testing before it can be a beta.
lots of exciting stuff in here, though. please keep this test confidential.
--- 8.2.2-T1A released ---
760. [port] preliminary win/nt from baynetworks (thanks!)
759. [support] new compile time option BIND_IXFR, defaults to "off",
since our testing has shown up some problems with it.
758. [feature] new "ndc reconfig" command only finds new/gone zones,
doesn't stat() master files or qserial() slave SOA's.
757. [support] FORCED_RELOAD is no longer optional.
756. [support] fixed output format of hmac keys; removed DST chaff.
755. [feature] "also-notify" is now a global option.
754. [bug] the control socket was not checked for event lib
753. [feature] "ndc help" now returns one line command summaries.
752. [feature] "ndc trace" now takes an optional "level" argument.
751. [support] debugging output could segfault in ns_print.c::addstr.
750. [port] A/UX 3.1.1.
749. [port] #9 has now been done for all Makefiles.
748. [feature] "transfer-source" is now a global option.
747. [support] SORT_RESPONSE is no longer a compile time option, since
the behaviour can be turned off at runtime with the
"rrset_order fixed;" option.
746. [bug] don't bother rescanning the interfaces if setuid!=root.
745. [protocol] IXFR transmission was just plain wrong in some cases.
744. [support] allow the calling location of strings to be recorded.
743. [feature] $GENERATE now supports more record types, and options.
742. [port] port/sco50 was using /usr/local/etc for its ndc socket.
741. [port] HPUX needed __BIND_RES_TEXT.
740. [bug] #634 had the unfortunate side effect of disabling IXFR.
739. [port] probe for IPv6 structures, solaris openbsd freebsd
738. [bug] invalidate pointers back into linked list when element
737. [port] solaris: expr is sensitive to LC_COLLATE
736. [bug] potential single file descriptor leak opening
735. [bug] memory leak: having rrset-order set and reconfiguring
the server results in a memory leak.
734. [port] linux only fills in as many entries as will fill the
buffer with SIOCGIFCONF.
733. [bug] RD is not being set on first message to first forwarder
resulting in false "Lame Server" reports and degraded
732. [bug] errors reading keys from master files could cause the
the server to drop core.
731. [bug] highestFD was not reflecting the highest value the
library could cope with.
730. [port] rand() does not modify the LSB on BSD based systems.
729. [bug] allow-query responses were dependent upon cache
728. [bug] it wasn't possible to specify the flags of trusted keys
in hex, which was inconvenient since dig prints hex.
727. [bug] TSIG keys weren't properly shared with named-xfer if
the zone named contained a slash (/).
726. [bug] TSIG keys weren't reloaded correctly with 'ndc reload'.
725. [bug] only the first key in an acl was matched correctly.
724. [bug] "ndc restart" needed a short delay before checking
for the health of a newly started name server.
723. [bug] TSIG signed zone transfer failed on especially
722. [doc] the example named.conf file had invalid TSIG usage.
721. [bug] duplicate records were tripping the cname-and-otherdata
test, which wasn't necessary since they'll be ignored.
720. [port] solaris doesn't have gethostid() the way we build.
719. [lint] lots of lint fixed by bob and paul.
718. [bug] multiple CNAME support was not cycling the cnames in
an RRset properly.
717. [bug] wrong /bin/ps flags in solaris prand_conf.h. minor
tweak to ports/prand_conf/prand_conf.c to ensure proper
flags in future ports.
716. [bug] log files are now closed/reopened on a size basis.
715. [clarity] root servers don't need to be primed.
714. [typo] extra "q" in a message in ns_maint.c.
--- 8.2.1 released ---
More information about the bind-workers