Non-terminal wildcards?

Lars-Johan Liman liman at sunet.se
Mon Aug 23 21:58:42 UTC 1999

cricket at acmebw.com:
> Anyone have any reaction to that message I sent a few weeks ago about
> non-terminal wildcards working in BIND 8?

;-)

My mind boggles. I'm trying to figure out the effects of having ...

mail.*.doubletree.com.		IN		<something>
*.doubletree.com.		IN		<something else>
subdomain.doubletree.com.	IN NS		<subdomserver>

... and have the outer world query for mail.subdomain.doubletree.com,
but my brain refuses to attempt to do the calculation. ;-)

There is enough rope in BIND already. I pray this is an unexpected and
unwanted side effect.

				Cheers,
				  /Liman
# Lars-Johan Liman			! E-mail: liman at sunet.se
# KTH Network Operations Centre         ! HTTP  : //www.sunet.se/~liman
# Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden	! Voice : Int +46 8 - 790 65 60