BIND 8.2.2-P5 on HP-UX 10.x

LaMont Jones lamont at security.hp.com
Mon Dec 6 22:55:05 UTC 1999

> Is anyone else out there compiling 8.2.2-P5 on a
> HP-UX 10.x system still?  If so, what compilers
> and other utilities are you using?

Most definitely.  I've built (and we're using internally) 8.2.2-P5
on 10.10 and 10.20 (as well as 11.00).  I do make minor changes to
Makefile.set to tweak the compiler options (and squeeze a bit more
performance out of BIND, and turn off -g...), but it compiles out
of the box.  Of course, that's with HP's ANSI-C compiler, not gcc.
Haven't built with GCC for quite a while.

lamont