wrong ans. name

Paul A Vixie vixie at mibh.net
Mon Jul 26 03:48:48 UTC 1999

well, to the extent that multiple cnames are legal, which they aren't,
or supported by bind, which they are, it is an error to include more
than one in a reply.  they are only useful in connection with round robin.

there is no way to get bind to shut up about this.  it's an error on
the sender's side to send more than one cname in a response unless the
qtype is CNAME.