[dlc at netapp.com: interest in bind-workers list.]

David Carmean dlc at netapp.com
Sat Nov 6 02:47:06 UTC 1999

Hmm...list owner's too busy :o)  So since I'm here....

Looking for archives, too.

Thanks.

----- Forwarded message from David Carmean <dlc at netapp.com> -----

Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 12:36:04 -0800
From: David Carmean <dlc at netapp.com>
To: owner-bind-workers at isc.org
Subject: interest in bind-workers list.

Greetings.

What I'm after is to see if anybody's looking at/working on
extending the UDP port choice options (listen-on, query-source)
to allow NOTIFY messages to be sent to a non-standard port as well.

I want to be able to set up a complete replica of my production
systems (master and slaves) on a non-standard port, and fully test them
with copies of doc and dnswalk I've modified to use non-standard ports,
before moving the new data into production.

So something like a notify-port option and/or making also-notify
take a list of IP address,port tuples would do the trick.

Thanks.

David Carmean                                           <dlc at netapp.com>
  PGP fingerprint =  B1 57 EB A8 1D B9 87 86  5F 5C 51 A4 F2 5E ED FD

	I don't want the world, I just want your half.
				-- They Might Be Giants