FW: simple way to make Bind822 AV

Paul Vixie vixie at mibh.net
Fri Nov 5 02:20:22 UTC 1999

skwan at Exchange.Microsoft.com ("Stuart Kwan (Exchange)") writes:

> I realize we're probably speaking different languages here, but I thought I
> should notify you of this problem in any case.  Let me know if there is any
> more information we can provide to help you track this down.

Lucky for us, the principle maintainer of BIND's IXFR implementation speaks
NT.  He had already fixed this in our pool, so it will be part of 8.2.2-P2.

Note that this error can only come from trusted UPDATE sources, and as such
it isn't a full blown DoS hole.  (UPDATEs are *highly* trusted, meaning that
only someone you trust a LOT can send them to you at all.)

Thanks, Stuart.
--
Paul Vixie <vixie at mibh.net>