Memory corruption after AXFER

Kevin J. Dunlap kevind at metaip.checkpoint.com
Wed Feb 2 22:08:02 UTC 2000

I am leaning towards a porting problem.  Your porting 8.2.2 P5, right.
There were some fixes to memcluster.c around the end of august, pre 8.2.2
release

I think with all the work I did in the code around AXFR to put in IXFR
I would have seen memory corruptions with AXFR.  I certainly created and fix
my own in IXFR.

I would look around ns_maint() where the parent (named) receives the exit
status from the child (named-xfer)

Look at the code were named removes the old zone and loads the new zone.

Do you know how chase memory leaks and get stats from the memory
management routines?

Compile with "-DMEMCLUSTER_RECORD -DRECORD_STRINGS", have an
abort() call added at the end of deallocate_everything() and
have "deallocate-on-exit yes;" set to chase down memory leaks.
After named is stopped look in the named.memstats file.

  -Kevin