8.2.3 on Red Hat 5.2

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Sun Jan 28 03:50:31 UTC 2001


I've been upgrading systems today and have found a problem with dig on Red
Hat 5.2.  First thing I did was build an RPM using Red Hat's latest 5.2
spec file and their patches.  Dig from that RPM segfaults on certain
operations.

$ ./dig @a.root-servers.net lewis.org

; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> @a.root-servers.net lewis.org
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

So, figuring one of Red Hat's patches may have broken something, I built a
copy from the stock 8.2.3 source with no patches...just make clean ; make
depend ; make all.  Dig still segfaults as above on Red Hat 5.2 systems.

I'm not having this problem with the 6.2 version I've built and installed
on Red Hat 6.1 and 6.2 systems.

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Jon Lewis *jlewis at lewis.org*|  I route
 System Administrator        |  therefore you are
 Atlantic Net                |
_________ http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key_________



More information about the bind-workers mailing list