8.2.3 on Red Hat 5.2

Paul A Vixie vixie at mfnx.net
Sun Jan 28 05:03:23 UTC 2001


sounds like some kind of bizarre libc problem limited to rh5.2.

[bb.rc:i386] dig @a.root-servers.net lewis.org

; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> @a.root-servers.net lewis.org 
; (1 server found)
;; res options: init recurs defnam dnsrch
;; got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 6
;; flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 2
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      lewis.org, type = A, class = IN

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
lewis.org.              2D IN NS        NS.DHP.COM.
lewis.org.              2D IN NS        REDHAT1.MMAERO.COM.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
NS.DHP.COM.             2D IN A         199.245.105.20
REDHAT1.MMAERO.COM.     2D IN A         208.152.224.2

;; Total query time: 79 msec
;; FROM: bb.rc.vix.com to SERVER: a.root-servers.net  198.41.0.4
;; WHEN: Sat Jan 27 21:02:29 2001
;; MSG SIZE  sent: 27  rcvd: 112

> From: jlewis at lewis.org
> Received: from redhat1.mmaero.com ([208.152.224.2]) 
> 	by isrv3.isc.org (8.11.0/8.9.1) via ESMTP id f0S3oWE05905
> 	for <bind-workers at vix.com>; Sat, 27 Jan 2001 19:50:32 -0800 (PST)
> 	env-from (jlewis at lewis.org)
> Received: from localhost (jlewis at localhost)
> 	by redhat1.mmaero.com (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id WAA06744
> 	for <bind-workers at vix.com>; Sat, 27 Jan 2001 22:50:31 -0500
> Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 22:50:31 -0500 (EST)
> X-Sender:  <jlewis at redhat1.mmaero.com>
> To: <bind-workers at isc.org>
> Subject: 8.2.3 on Red Hat 5.2
> Message-ID: <Pine.LNX.4.30.0101272238050.6400-100000 at redhat1.mmaero.com>
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
> X-DCC-MAPS-Metrics: isrv3.isc.org 668; IP=0/83875 env_From=0/428 From=0/150
> 	Subject=0/151 Message-ID=0/151 Received=0/151 Body=0/151 Fuz1=0/151
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
> Sender: bind-workers-bounce at isc.org
> Errors-to: bind-workers-bounce at isc.org
> X-original-sender: jlewis at lewis.org
> Precedence: bulk
> 
> 
> I've been upgrading systems today and have found a problem with dig on Red
> Hat 5.2.  First thing I did was build an RPM using Red Hat's latest 5.2
> spec file and their patches.  Dig from that RPM segfaults on certain
> operations.
> 
> $ ./dig @a.root-servers.net lewis.org
> 
> ; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> @a.root-servers.net lewis.org
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> 
> So, figuring one of Red Hat's patches may have broken something, I built a
> copy from the stock 8.2.3 source with no patches...just make clean ; make
> depend ; make all.  Dig still segfaults as above on Red Hat 5.2 systems.
> 
> I'm not having this problem with the 6.2 version I've built and installed
> on Red Hat 6.1 and 6.2 systems.
> 
> -- 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>  Jon Lewis *jlewis at lewis.org*|  I route
>  System Administrator        |  therefore you are
>  Atlantic Net                |
> _________ http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key_________
> 
> 



More information about the bind-workers mailing list