Event ID source incorrect for BIND 8.2.3 NT port

Joe Rhett jrhett at isite.net
Fri May 4 20:28:54 UTC 2001

> > The man page says
> >
> > reload
> > Causes named to check the serial numbers of all primary and secondary
> > zones and to reload those that have changed (uses the HUP signal.)
> >
> > Testing with a live 8.2.3 server confirms that you are correct, however
> > this has never been documented as such.
>
> Huh?  See "DNS and BIND," index entry for "reload."

While I appreciate (and use!) the work you've done on the book, I don't
consider it an authoritative source of what any given version of code does.
The code doesn't list it as such, therefore I look to man pages, release
notes, and such provided with the code as authoritative documentation.

--
Joe Rhett                                         Chief Technology Officer
JRhett at ISite.Net                                      ISite Services, Inc.

PGP keys and contact information:          http://www.noc.isite.net/Staff/