multi-protocol support of queryperf

Brian Wellington Brian.Wellington at nominum.com
Tue Jul 9 16:36:10 UTC 2002

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Danny Mayer wrote:

> > > Using libbind9 will break it for me on Windows since I was forced to go
> > > back to BIND 8 and build it there since I don't have a libbind for Windows
> >
> >I said libbind9, not libbind.  libbind9 is a small library that currently
> >only contains a config file checker and a function to portably get
> >addresses by name using either getaddrinfo() or gethostbyname().  It's not
> >in bind 8.
>
> That's exactly what I said.  I'm using libbind from BIND 8, but then to add
> libbind9 in addition would cause me all sorts of additional grief to get the
> two libraries together.

libbind and libbind9 are completely unrelated.  Why would having both of
them cause any difficulty?  Also, most of the binaries link against
libbind9 (at least named, dig, host, nslookup, nsupdate, rndc, and
named-checkconf).  If you're not building libbind9 on Win32, you're not
building much.

Brian