9.2.5 db causes high cpu? was: Re: BIND 9.2.5rc1 is now available.

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 jinmei at isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp
Sun Feb 20 05:32:10 UTC 2005

> Does BIND9 yet provide name-syntax checking?

If you mean the check-names option, it is implemented in BIND 9.3.

(But I'm afraid we're moving toward an off-topic...although I must
admit I was partly responsible for that.  I'm not intending to put my
own impression to others on BIND8 vs BIND9 or whether or when BIND8
should retire.  I was mainly trying to help someone who has a problem
with BIND9 based on my experiences and knowledge.)

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					jinmei at isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp