9.2.5 db causes high cpu? was: Re: BIND 9.2.5rc1 is now available.

Ed Allen Smith easmith at beatrice.rutgers.edu
Sun Feb 20 05:39:15 UTC 2005

In message <y7vy8djokyt.wl at ocean.jinmei.org> (on 20 February 2005 14:32:10
+0900), jinmei at isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp (JINMEI Tatuya /
=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCP0BMQEMjOkgbKEI=?=) wrote:

>> Does BIND9 yet provide name-syntax checking?
>
>If you mean the check-names option, it is implemented in BIND 9.3.

Oh? Excellent, and thank you and its implementors! I'll take a look at it
ASAP. (Admittedly, the problem currently under discussion may cause us to
need to hold off on changing over until said resource consumption is
reduced...)

	-Allen

--
Allen Smith			         http://cesario.rutgers.edu/easmith/
There is only one sound argument for democracy, and that is the argument