Comparing query rates (was Re: 9.2.5 db causes high cpu?)

Stefan Schmidt zaphodb--bind at zaphods.net
Tue Feb 22 09:43:06 UTC 2005

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 07:18:30AM +0000, Jim Reid wrote:
> FYI, I just did a crude test on an elderly 300 Mhz Pentium II running
> BIND 9.3. It handles ~2000 qps -- 20 times what your test found --
> when answering for in-core authoritative data.
Would that be repetative queries for the same record or set?

Dear List,

Would you recommend trying out BIND9.3 instead of 9.2 for a recursor or are
the changes there, as i supposed, just adding new features like DNSSEC?
I.e. any performance related changes in 9.3 lately?

	Stefan

PS: Yes i know Jim was talking about authorative data.
--
VMS is a text-only adventure game. If you win you can use Unix. - W. davidson