compiling 9.3.1 64-bit on HP-UX 11.11 not so clean

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Mon Mar 14 23:39:03 UTC 2005

>>If some of the warnings seem bogus I can try to ask the HP compiler folks.
>

> 	These are the current warning from the in house HP test
> 	platform.  The eventlib.c is definitely a compiler bug.
> 	The IGNORED ones are system header errors from memory.  We
> 	generate similar sets for all platforms.  The ones not
> 	marked IGNORED are real problems or things we are yet to
> 	look at and decide what to do.
>
> cc: "socket.c", line 1225: warning 732: Different types treated as unsigned for !=.
> cc: "socket.c", line 1236: warning 732: Different types treated as unsigned for !=.

The two above would seem to be ISC_SOCKLEN_T being socklen_t being size_t being
a long and so 64-bit (+DD64 anyway) and the constant being an int.

> cc: "socket.c", line 1467: warning 732: Different types treated as unsigned for ==.
> cc: "socket.c", line 1868: warning 732: Different types treated as unsigned for ==.
> cc: "eventlib.c", line 186: warning 517: Function returns no value.

Interesting - there was no entry for eventlib.c in the log I sent - perhaps we
should go offline and see about getting you more up-to-date on compiler patches etc.

>>BTW, would you like the same sort of log from 11.23?
>

> 	Sure.  Send it to bind9-bugs.

On its way shortly.

rick jones