compiling 9.3.1 64-bit on HP-UX 11.11 not so clean

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Mon Mar 14 22:51:50 UTC 2005

> Mark Andrews wrote:
> > 	A quick look at these defintly shows some 64 bit issues.
> >
> > 	e.g.
> > 		size_t vs unsigned int
> >
> > 	The one obvious one to disable is "+ between pointer and
> > 	32 bit integer" though even there it may be a case of making
> > 	the checking scripts ignore specific instances rather than
> > 	globally ignoring it.
>
> Are those ones involving constants, or is it a question of variables?  I made
>
> some of the cast warnings go away by adding a "L" to the integer constant.
> Could some of those 32-bit integers become longs instead?
>
> If some of the warnings seem bogus I can try to ask the HP compiler folks.

	These are the current warning from the in house HP test
	platform.  The eventlib.c is definitely a compiler bug.
	The IGNORED ones are system header errors from memory.  We
	generate similar sets for all platforms.  The ones not
	marked IGNORED are real problems or things we are yet to
	look at and decide what to do.

cc: "socket.c", line 1225: warning 732: Different types treated as unsigned for !=.
cc: "socket.c", line 1236: warning 732: Different types treated as unsigned for !=.
cc: "socket.c", line 1467: warning 732: Different types treated as unsigned for ==.
cc: "socket.c", line 1868: warning 732: Different types treated as unsigned for ==.
cc: "eventlib.c", line 186: warning 517: Function returns no value.
IGNORED: cc: "inet_lnaof.c", line 57: warning 732: Different types treated as unsigned for ==.
IGNORED: cc: "inet_netof.c", line 56: warning 732: Different types treated as unsigned for ==.
IGNORED: cc: "res_init.c", line 582: warning 732: Different types treated as unsigned for ==.

	This was just for 9.3 w/ threads + w/o libtool.  There is a similar
	list for 9.2, HEAD, w/ and w/o threads / libtool and for BIND 8
	HEAD.

> BTW, would you like the same sort of log from 11.23?

	Sure.  Send it to bind9-bugs.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org