compiling 9.3.1 64-bit on HP-UX 11.11 not so clean

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Mon Mar 14 22:32:48 UTC 2005

Mark Andrews wrote:
> 	A quick look at these defintly shows some 64 bit issues.
>
> 	e.g.
> 		size_t vs unsigned int
>
> 	The one obvious one to disable is "+ between pointer and
> 	32 bit integer" though even there it may be a case of making
> 	the checking scripts ignore specific instances rather than
> 	globally ignoring it.

Are those ones involving constants, or is it a question of variables?  I made
some of the cast warnings go away by adding a "L" to the integer constant.
Could some of those 32-bit integers become longs instead?

If some of the warnings seem bogus I can try to ask the HP compiler folks.

BTW, would you like the same sort of log from 11.23?

rick jones