Paul Wouters: Re: [dnssec-deployment] DNS cache issue

Adam Tkac atkac at redhat.com
Thu Nov 22 09:52:58 UTC 2007

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 01:05:05PM -0500, Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Nov 2007, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
>
> > On 11/21/07, Paul Vixie <Paul_Vixie at isc.org> wrote:
> > > is this anything like true?  has redhat really extended the named.conf syntax?
> >
> > The attached patch is in the latest packages for bind in Fedora 8.
>
> I am also not sure why they are shipping bind 9.5.x development code,
> instead of bind 9.4.x production code. I wonder if they encountered
> issues with NAT/wifi consumer products....

I ship 9.5 because it has GSS-TSIG support and extended stats support.
I don't want maintain two big patches backported from 9.5 to 9.4 in
Fedora. 9.5 is in later stage of development and it is quite stable,
I'm using it on my machine long time without problems. Btw what kind
of issues you mean? Related to EDNS?

Adam

--
Adam Tkac, Red Hat, Inc.