Case-Insensitive Response Compression May Cause Problems With Mixed-Case Data and Non-Conforming Clients

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Feb 10 15:09:59 UTC 2014

Paul Vixie <paul at redbarn.org> wrote:

> to me "preserve case" means remember the case of the first time a label
> is seen, and regularize to that. it will always be a delegation, so as
> long as the domain owner can get the parent to register the desired case
> in the delegation, then everything else will follow from that.

My example included some empty non-terminals - i.e. there are intermediate
labels which are not delegations, and so they can't be regularized in the
way you describe.

Tony.
Forties, Cromarty: East, veering southeast, 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at first.
Rough, becoming slight or moderate. Showers, rain at first. Moderate or good,
occasionally poor at first.