答复: location of NS choosing algorithm

RunxiaWan wanrunxia at aliyun.com
Fri Nov 7 01:50:34 UTC 2014

Thanks! That's really helped a lot!

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Mukund Sivaraman [mailto:muks at isc.org]
发送时间: 2014年11月5日 19:42
收件人: RunxiaWan
抄送: bind-workers at lists.isc.org
主题: Re: location of NS choosing algorithm

On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 05:50:54PM +0800, RunxiaWan wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I want to know the implementation of NS selection algorithm in BIND
system.
> Does anyone can help me to locate the function in the source of BIND9.9.5.
> where it is? The function name?

Various things influence this. You'll find part of this in lib/dns/resolver.
c.. part (the SRTT arithmetic) is in lib/dns/adb.c.

If you want a description of SRTT in general, see something like RFC793 that
mentions it, though, in the context of TCP. BIND uses ALPHA=0.7. BIND also
ages SRTT of namesevers that it doesn't update SRTT for by (old_srtt/512).

There is an old nameserver selection method (SRTT part) described in the
following document, but it isn't exactly what happens in BIND anymore:

https://www.usenix.org/sites/default/files/conference/protected-files/hay_wo
ot13_slides.pdf

		Mukund