type forward with no recursive flag "rd -" --> Does it work?

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Wed Oct 29 19:51:04 UTC 2014

Firstly people over think DNS.  99.99% of times there is no need
to have a internal zone at all.  Hiding internal hostnames and
addresses has almost no security benefit at all.

acl internal { .... };

view internal {
    match-clients { internal; };
    zone mycompany.se  {  ... };
    zone windns.mycompany.se  { type slave; masters { windows server };  ...};
};

view external {
    match-clients { any; };
    zone mycompany.se  { .... };
    zone windns.mycompany.se  { type master; file "windns.mycompany.se.db"; };
};

Where windns.mycompany.se.db is consists of SOA and NS records which match
those of mycompany.se.  It is a empty zone.

@	SOA ...
@	NS ...
@	NS ...

Or you can even do it without a views