type forward with no recursive flag "rd -" --> Does it work?

Fredrik Lysén fredrik.lysen at uadm.uu.se
Thu Oct 30 08:27:14 UTC 2014

I do agree with you regarding the security perspective. I've tried both
scenarios you describe.
The "slaving" part throwing me error in bind, and today we only have
5000 clients in dns "windns.mycompany.se" within a year we'll have
~15000 dynamic clients.
That is why I'm looking for a other solution not being a "slave".

This is a snippet from the logfile in bind:
Sep 16 13:06:37 scopus named[10172]: error: transfer of
'windns.mycompany.se/IN/internal' from 1.1.2.2#53: failed while
receiving responses: not exact

My biggest concern is how this will scale, maybe I can ignore the error?

In a perfect world I would take care of the windows clients native in
bind, but this is not a perfect world this is a university :-)

Brgd
Fredrik