dyndb sql implementation

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Mon Jun 1 18:04:16 UTC 2020

Hello Markus,

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 08:54:45PM +0200, Steinbauer, Markus wrote:
> I currently am woring on a dyndb interface for MySQL (afterwards
> probably PostgreSQL and SQLite)

Thank you!

> and I am wondering if there is some
> Documentation available for the interface. (I only found the source code
> of the sample driver and the bind-dyndb-ldap project of Redhat until
> now)

Those are the only ones I'm aware of as well.

> In particular I would need information on the Database Methods and what
> exactly they are mend to do, as it takes a lot of Time to figure that
> out from the sources.

The closest thing to documentation I have is the commetns in
lib/dns/include/dns/db.h, which documents the API, but not
as well as one might hope.

The same methods are used in the regular BIND datatbase implementations -
rbtdb.c, ecdb.c, sdb.c, sdlz.c - so you might be able to glean some idea of
their usage from comparisons.

> Further I would need some information on how to handle memory propperly,
> as currently I am storing buffers for the Results inside the memory
> context of my dyndb instance, which causes a severe memory leak in my
> point of view.

I'm not sure I've understotod the question. You mean the memory context
you pass in when you load the dyndb library? How is it causing a leak?

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.