dyndb sql implementation

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Fri Jun 5 08:59:10 UTC 2020

Hi Markus,

I am afraid there is no detailed interface description, which you are
probably looking for. The best documentation is its source. Also,
because bind-dyndb-ldap is the only implementation, I think you should
consult their documentation [1]. It is not bad. Unfortunately,
bind-dyndb-ldap is not under active development, more under maintenance
mode.

What I know about it, the most issues are with threading and
communication with a special thread for LDAP. And sometimes unexpected
races because of that. I am not sure such design is mandatory, but I
would suggest reading why have they chosen it. Your design might not
require it.

Regards,
Petr

1. https://pagure.io/docs/bind-dyndb-ldap/