[bind10-dev] status of python tests?

Jeremy C. Reed jreed at isc.org
Thu Feb 4 14:16:34 UTC 2010

I found the following python tests. If you own any of these, can you
please provide instructions on use, if any makefile targets are
available, if you have further plans, etc.

- not unittest:

src/bin/stats/test/shutdown.py
	has #!/usr/bin/python but wrong version for me, so used python3.1
	ImportError: No module named isc
	filename not named with "test"

src/bin/stats/test/test_agent.py
	has #!/usr/bin/python but wrong version for me, so used python3.1
	ImportError: No module named isc

src/bin/stats/test_total.py
	No #! line, so ran with python3.1
	ImportError: No module named isc.cc

src/lib/cc/python/test_cfgd_sess.py
	No #! line, so ran with python3.1
	isc.cc.session.SessionError: [Errno 61] Connection refused
	jelte said ignore this!

- wrapper script:

src/bin/bind10/bind10_test.in
	The bind10_test is not executable, but running with sh works.
	ERROR: test_setting_env (__main__.TestProcessInfo)
	(/bin/true is at /usr/bin/true on some systems)
	FAIL: test_init (__main__.TestProcessInfo)
	FAIL: test_respawn (__main__.TestProcessInfo)
	Ran 6 tests in 0.158s
	FAILED (failures=2, errors=1)

src/bin/bindctl/unittest/bindctl_test.in
	The bindctl_test is not executable, but running with sh works.
	FAIL: testCmdParamFormatError (__main__.TestCmdLex)
	AssertionError: CmdParamFormatError not raised by BindCmdParse
	Ran 14 tests in 0.125s
	FAILED (failures=1)

src/bin/msgq/msgq_test.in
	ran msgq_test
	cd: can't cd to /home/reed/work/isc/bind10/svn/branches/parkinglot/src/bin/pymsgq
	I fixed that in revision 722.
	Ran 7 tests in 0.002s
	OK

src/lib/config/python/isc/config/config_test.in
	The config_test is not executable, but running with sh works.
	ERROR: test_bad_specfiles (__main__.TestDataDefinition)
	isc.config.datadefinition.DataDefinitionError: no item_name in config item
	Ran 3 tests in 0.006s
	FAILED (errors=1)

- uses unittest framework:

src/bin/bind10/bind10_test.py
	I tested with wrapper script above

src/bin/bindctl/unittest/bindctl_test.py
	I tested with wrapper script above

src/bin/msgq/msgq_test.py
	I tested with wrapper script above

src/lib/cc/python/test.py
	Not executable, no #! line, I ran with python3.1
	Ran 21 tests in 0.004s
	OK

src/lib/cc/python/test_session.py
	Not executable, no #! line, I ran with python3.1
	ERROR: test_directed_recipient (__main__.TestCCWireEncoding)
	socket.error: [Errno 61] Connection refused
	ERROR: test_lname (__main__.TestCCWireEncoding)
	isc.cc.session.SessionError: [Errno 61] Connection refused
	ERROR: test_subscribe (__main__.TestCCWireEncoding)
	ERROR: test_unsubscribe (__main__.TestCCWireEncoding)
	Ran 4 tests in 0.036s
	FAILED (errors=4)
	So I ran src/bin/msgq/run_msgq.sh --verbose first
	Ran 4 tests in 4.760s
	OK

src/lib/config/python/isc/config/datadefinition_test.py
	Not executable, no #! line, I ran with python3.1
	ImportError: No module named isc.config

Not I don't workaround the broken issues listed above as don't want to
waste time if not planned to be used.

I have used py-coverage to generate a python code coverage report, see
http://bind10.isc.org/~jreed/htmlcov/
(but that is old and not automated).

Once I know what tests to run and what can easily be automated, I will
do so.