[bind10-dev] jreed status update

Jeremy C. Reed jreed at isc.org
Sat Jul 3 01:05:49 UTC 2010

Next week I plan to work on:

- complete documentation updates for manual pages for new features
(logging, cmdctl/bindctl security, and new command line switches). (I
have some of this done but not committed.)

- documentation updates for guide also

- work more at setting up a build machine using LLVM

- maybe work on build system on Shark (embedded example) but now that I
think about this I may use a virtual machine running an emulator tuned
to have limited resources.

- work more on writing an introduction to BIND 10 development: introduce
the components, hints on getting started with communication between
modules and adding a new module, and point to API documentation.

- complete benchmarking all four releases for comparison.

- maybe add a weekly automated "profiling" build with report; maybe
gprof and/or valgrind.

- maybe more host(1) development.

- test TracLinks.

- test MasterTicketsPlugin for Trac.

- work on script to compare doxygen and pydoc output with public
interfaces to give an idea of what is not covered yet.

- work on script to clean up pydoc HTML output

- make sure doxygen and pydoc generation is up-to-date. Make a reminder
to do this every week or so. (I don't want to automate yet for published
on website yet.)

- commit configure/makefile changes for adding python coverage testing
using make target (I haved used this for a while). Once that is in
place, use that instead of my script on autobuild server.

- try jinmei's benchmarking code and examples.

- research more about google test missing symbols when building with
Sunstudio.

- replace BIND 9 with BIND 10 on one of my personal secondaries. (Around
15 zones.)

- with Shane go through many tickets.

- also I need to work more on updating the printed BIND 9 book ... I
plan to add a BIND 10 chapter.

Okay this way too much ... but I gives an idea of some upcoming work.