[bind10-dev] Blog comment from BDB developer

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Tue Jul 13 06:34:22 UTC 2010

> You have no idea how bad that would be from a DB performance point of
> view. You *really* don't want to do this.

For the record, it was a joke. :)

> I've never heard of something like that in Java and I do quite a lot of
> Java programming with databases these days. I doubt that this is true.

The method is called getSearchKeyRange(); it finds either the requested key
or the nearest greater one within a range of values.   From that, you can
get a cursor and step back one, to find the nearest lower value.

Unfortunately, as noted, it only seems to be in the Java version.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.