[bind10-dev] Blog comment from BDB developer

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Tue Jul 13 15:25:10 UTC 2010

> Yes I read that. The implications of this is that you are going to be
> limiting bind10 to only use BDB since no other DB supports it. That's
> okay if you are going to be making that as a final decision, but then
> that needs to be explicitly stated.

BIND 10 uses a modular data source design that will eventually be able to
work with a selection of database back-ends.  It already supports sqlite3;
plans are in place to add others--including Berkeley DB, eventually.  But
unless we can find a way to find the closesst previous record, the data
source based on Berkeley DB would have to omit DNSSEC support.

I was under the impression that DB_SET_RANGE wasn't sufficient, but could
be mistaken and will look into it again at some point in my copious spare
time.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.