[bind10-dev] release not branched yet -- still in freeze

Jeremy C. Reed jreed at isc.org
Wed Jun 2 20:56:03 UTC 2010

Note that the freeze is over. It was branched. The release has been
shipped.

As for the build problems:

- I may need to have a monitor that reports to me when an auto build
server disappears. (I still haven't heard from OPS.)

- Do I need more build systems doing "identical" autobuilds? I don't
think so since I already have a few different systems and not sure if
more reports on same problems helps or not ... but that goes with next
question...

- Do we need more frequent or louder reminders when builds/checks/
installs fail?

- Do we need some policies for how to handle these failures? Most are
easy to fix since they are from something that was just introduced. But
when not fixed, then we may have many different issues piled up (and
unknown).

(Note that this is related to mail "Subject: Re: Committing to trunk"
... on different list.)

One of the autobuilds reported failures I think for over 144 hours. But
then the system became unaccessible, so slowly dropped out of view of
the reports (since not sending any new results). When it had constant
failures, it masks other failures too (since the task stops at first
problem later issues aren't reported). Fixing the many issues took
around 24 hours.