[bind10-dev] release not branched yet -- still in freeze

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 jinmei at isc.org
Wed Jun 2 22:37:38 UTC 2010

At Wed, 2 Jun 2010 15:56:03 -0500 (CDT),
"Jeremy C. Reed" <jreed at isc.org> wrote:

> - Do I need more build systems doing "identical" autobuilds? I don't
> think so since I already have a few different systems and not sure if
> more reports on same problems helps or not ... but that goes with next
> question...

I'd like to have a build/text environment that uses a different C++
compiler than g++.  Other than that, I think we already have
a sufficient diversity, at least at this stage of development.

> - Do we need some policies for how to handle these failures? Most are
> easy to fix since they are from something that was just introduced. But
> when not fixed, then we may have many different issues piled up (and
> unknown).
>
> (Note that this is related to mail "Subject: Re: Committing to trunk"
> ... on different list.)

In the context of "the different list", I don't think we need a
written rule.  I believe we can generally use and trust our
discretion.  My comment there was to clarify the points that I'd
normally expect, rather than try to set up a rule.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya