[bind10-dev] Guideline for python logging

Jerry jerry.zzpku at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 01:26:42 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I created a document about the python logging, which will be used as the
guideline for ticket 176.

http://bind10.isc.org/wiki/PythonLogging

Your comment is welcome.

BTW, I have two questions:

-Shall we support real-time and non-realtime mode for file logging channel
in this version?

-Currently we support three logging channels(file, syslog, stdrr).  syslog
channel works for background process while stderr channel works for
foreground process. File channel is an optional, which will be enabled if we
specify the path of log file.  Do you have some suggestions on the rule?

Thank you very much.